Yay, Christmas is just days away. Eating with the family, drinking with friends, and being merry all weekend, we can’t wait here in the Coveted Canvas office! What are you doing for Christmas?
Whichever way you celebrate, the key for your makeup is to keep it simple. You don’t want to be running to the bathroom to check your foundation or fix your lippy in between the prawn cocktail entree and turkey main. The key is a little in the prep, a lot in the application. Here’s the look we’re aiming for this year…
And here’s how you get it:
- Clearasil Rapid Action Gel Wash. There’s not long until the big day, so you need a product that will work fast. I can attest this gel wash by Clearasil does just that. Any imperfections are dramatically reduced within hours when used morning and night. Clean skin is the best base for any makeup look.
- Rosehip oil on dry areas of your skin the evening before. It’s like a huge drink of water for dehydrated skin, adding luminousity and a dewy finish the day you need to look your best. Essential for every beauty bag.
- Primer with SPF15 mixed with Laura Mercier Tinter Moisturiser. Adds a glow not unlike Clarins flash balm, except a bit more subtle. Love it.
- Apply liquid concealer under your eyes in the shape of an upside-down triangle to reflect light upwards. Pat in and rub excess around the edges of your lips.
- Buff Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation SPF15 over your face with the Nvey Eco Powder Brush, being sure to blend in as much as possible.
- Using a separate Nvey Eco Powder Brush (natural bristles, natural results), dust NARS Laguna Bronzer around your temples to your cheeks and down to your jawline in a backwards ’3′. Again, blend.
- Use a blush brush to apply MAC Margin blush on the apples of your cheeks, blending excess up to your temples. Smiling to define your cheeks will make the look more natural.
- Use a light brown shadow over your lids and lightly under the outer corners of the bottom lash line.
- Blend a darker shade in the middle and outer corners of the lids.
- Blend the final, darkest shade in a ‘V’ shape over the crease and line of the outer corners of the lids. Blend all three impeccably.
- Apply a line of SAX Creme Precision Eyeliner in ’08 Bronze’ over the top of your lash line. Blend if you wish (I prefer not to).
- Pencil eyebrows with SAX Brow Styler in ’09 Medium Brown’ to give brows definition, a key in this look. Brush with the opposite end of the pencil, to make hairs straight and defined.
- Apply Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara for some defined and curled lashes that won’t melt in the Christmas heat.
- Use Lanolips in ‘Mulberry’ for a final light-purple gloss finish.
Now get out there and enjoy the Egg Nog!